With the daily routines of millions rapidly changing as we settle into a period of social distancing, many are looking for ways to pass the time once their reading lists have been plowed through and the Netflix binge is no longer do the trick. Why not take advantage of this downtime to learn a new skill or brush up on your knowledge with a few refresher courses?
CyberOne‘s TEAMARES has compiled a list of the best online security training course currently on the market – both free and paid. Here are some to consider:
- OSCP provides solid entry-level certification that will teach you how to think like an attacker. This is the one you need to land a job in penetration testing if you have no experience.
- OSCE is a good entry point to learning stack-based exploit development.
- Penetration Testing Student is a good entry point to learn the tools and techniques.
- Web Application Penetration Testing covers mostly web app basics with good labs.
- Web Application Penetration Testing Extreme is a practical online course on the most advanced web application penetration testing techniques.
- Penetration Testing Extreme focuses on social engineering/phishing, Active Directory, red teaming MSSQL Server, red teaming Exchange, red teaming WSUS.
- Mobile Application Security and Penetration Testing covers mobile app basics.
Hack the Box – Offshore & Rasta Labs
- Inexpensive lab environments – NOT courses – with hands-on practical’s that cover everything from open-source intelligence gathering to exploit development. Commonly touted as a great practice area for certification courses, such as the OSCP.
Nathan House Security Courses:
- The Complete Cybersecurity Course: Hackers Exposed covers advanced practical skill sets in defeating all online threats – advanced hackers, trackers, malware and all types of Internet nastiness, including mitigating government spying and mass surveillance with the very latest up-to-date information and methods.
- The Complete Cybersecurity Course: Network Security is an advanced practical skillset in assuring network security against all threats including – advanced hackers, trackers, exploit kits, Wi-Fi attacks and much more.
- The Complete Cybersecurity Course: Endpoint Protection offers advanced practical skill sets in securing laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
- The Complete Cybersecurity Course: Anonymous Browsing with advice on how to stay anonymous online, how to maintain privacy and how to bypass firewalls and proxies.
- Azeria Labs to learn ARM32 bit exploit development.
- Ruben Boonen with a lot of great tutorials around Windows security and penetration testing.
- Corelan Team offers a series on learning exploit development.
- Malware Unicorn is a great resource on malware reverse engineering and includes a VM.
- Hack the Box has free resources along with paid that can be used to get hands-on practice.
- VulnHub contains a resource of vulnerable by-design boxes that users can practice on.
- EdX offers a series of courses ranging from intro to python programming to Linux and beyond.
- Coursera contains over 1,000 free courses that can be used to further your IT experience.
- Cybrary contains tons of free IT classes and videos.
- Google LearnDigital with Google contains many courses for learning
- Portswigger contains many free labs to practice web application penetration testing.
No comment yet, add your voice below!